Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Magically Delicious Eggplant Pie

I realize my title makes it sound like this post is about one of the following three things:
  • Food with drugs in it
  • A children's book
  • A Beatles song 

Well, it's only about food -- But magically delicious food (from here)! I didn't follow the recipe exactly. Instead, I was creative*.

I learned many things while making this dish. The first thing I learned is that using filo dough as a crust is easy**. The second thing I learned is that you don't need to put tin foil over the edges to keep it from burning (just lots and lost of olive oil). And the third thing I learned is that you shouldn't have used the word many when you actually meant a couple.

The End.





*Creative, in this context, is equivalent to the following things:
  1. Leaving out the anise seeds because they're yucky. 
  2. Leaving out the mint because you don't have any...and you suspect it would taste yucky.
  3. Using mostly canned diced tomatoes because they are cheaper and you dislike cutting.
**Easy (eze) adj. 1. Making someone else do most of the work. Aaron! The cooking spray! HURRY! THE BREADCRUMBS! AHHH.  2. Swearing when the dough rips. Kajhfkaeyfjdvksbvgfofels! (the best American swear word)

No comments:

Post a Comment